“You just pick up inspiration as you go, sometimes unconsciously”
Christine Kim‘s love for paper grows and grows. Although she developed a special affinity for drawing on stones, it was the paper that she coveted, bought, and stowed away. She became accustomed to climbing ladders, often hanging paper fragments and sculptures, wanting them to defy gravity. She is fascinated by the tension of a heavy stillness, a pregnant pause, and often describes her work in terms of volume and weight.
Christine Kim – 30sec film artists Q&A
- What’s your favorite thing to do when you are alone?
- How do you usually get inspired again after working on a big project/painting?
- Do you collect things?
- What's the last great book you read?
- What super power do you want to have?
- What’s your craziest dream?
- What do you fear the most?
- Do you have a motto or creed that as an artist you live by?
- How do you come up with ideas?
- What project/art are you hoping to create but haven’t got chance to do yet?